Best Balance Bike Reviews (Nov. 2016) – Buyer’s Guide
There are a lot of times when people are not too sure whether they should purchase a balance bike or not for their kids. So if you have any confusion then check out balance bike reviews. The balance bike is getting a lot of types right now and people are not too sure whether the hype is well deserved or not. What you have to remember when you are not sure whether you should buy one or not is that most if not all kids just love and adore their bikes. Since adults cannot ride it, adults usually do not know how this bike can make kids feel but usually, when the fit is right, kids just want to ride it all over and over again.
Check out the top three Best Balance Bike so that you can choose the right one for your kids.
Top Five Best Balance Bike 2016 for Your Child
Before guide how you can find the best balance bike for kids, I present to you top five of the best-rated products in the market.
In a Hurry! – Check Editor’s Pick:
Recommend Top 3 Best Balance Bike 2016 on the market based on quality and brands:
- Strider 12 Sport No Pedal Balance Bike (Best Choice!)
- Schwinn Balance Bike 12-inch
- Kazam Classic Balance Bike
There are different materials that are used to make these bikes. Some bikes are made out of steel. There are also some bikes that are made out of aluminum and then there are some that are made out of wood. The type of bike that people choose usually depend on what they think looks great and not what will actually be great when being used by the child. Do remember that balance bikes are different from usual bikes because it does not aim to help people ride and go great distances. Rather, it teaches children to have a sense of balance in preparation for using another bike, a regular bike in the future.
Table of Content for Best Balance Bike
Comparison between Best Balance Bike and Pedal Bike
A balance bike is different from a regular bike. Aside from the fact that it is usually meant for children, it does not have any breaks. It does not have any pedals as well. The main reason for this is simple – it is because its main goal is to teach your child how to balance. If other features will be added unto it, it will be the same with a pedal bike. The type of balance bike that you should purchase is something that your child will be able to use immediately. It will be a wise idea to find a bike that you can assemble easily.
If in case you are wondering why I have chosen the balance bike instead of the pedal bike, my reasons are simple – it is because of the following: First, It is very simple. It does not require a lot of efforts to run and kids do not have to worry about trying to balance since the bike will do it for them. Second, I believe that these bikes can help kids more than training wheels that can be dangerous because of so many things that are going on. Third, it is more economical. The pedal bike will be outgrown by kids immediately but since the balance bike is adjustable, kids from 2 – 6 will be able to use it well.
Advantage of Using a Balance Bike
There are several advantages why using the balance bike is important. Here are just some of the advantages that you ought to know:
- Worth the Money: One of the main reasons why some people do not want to purchase the balance bike is because they feel that it is not economical. The truth is that it can be used as a replacement for a bike with training wheels that may not be too safe for kids.
- Encourages Kids to Play: Most of the time, kids right now only like to play at home probably because there are a lot of game consoles that are available. Kids can play with the use of their tablets and other gadgets but with this bike, kids will like to go outside and play. This will give them enough exercise throughout the day, at the same time; the experience will be totally different from what they experience at tablets.
- Can Help Families Bond: There are instances when families do not have enough time for each other because some family members are too busy. Parents just let their children play with their tablets and children do not make the effort to talk with their parents anymore. With the use of the balance bike, people are able to stay together and laugh together.
- Helps Kids Learn: Riding the bicycle can be hard for some kids and easy for some. With the use of the balance bike, kids can learn faster and easier.
- Very Safe: They are considered safer than bikes with training wheels and even some bikes for kids. Having a safe bike will allow you to feel secure while your child is learning how to ride a bike for the first time.
Some of the Best Products to Check Out
At this point, you may be wondering what products you can best check out so that you can choose. If you would try searching without doing any researching, there is a big chance that you will end up with a balance bike that your kid will not be able to use that much. The wide array of these bikes available can make it hard for you to narrow down your choices. Here is a short review to help you out.
1. Strider 12 Sport No Pedal – (One of The Best Balance Bike)
One thing that you have to know about this bike is that it is known to be the #1 and the most highly rated balance bike in the world. This is supposed to mean that you should not look any further and this is the bike that you should purchase, right? This might seem like a great thing to do to save you trouble but like all other products, there are things that are just not meant for certain people. Still, this bike has some great features.
The seats and the handle bars are fully adjustable which makes it easy to fix depending on how big the child is. Your child can be 18 months old and can already start riding this bike this is a good quality not present in other bikes. It is not heavy too which means that children will not have any problem riding it or sometimes, dragging it around. This bike is totally worth it at $$.
2. Schwinn Balance Bike
The foot to floor design of this bike is truly unique. The design is meant to help kids truly have balance so that they can be confident when the time comes that they would need to use real bikes. The bike itself is well made and can last for a long time. Since the seats and the handle bars are adjustable, a child can grow up using it for a long period of time. The bicycle seat is standard and it looks similar to regular bikes which make it look sturdier than other balance bikes that are available.
This bike can be used almost anywhere even in roads that are not that smooth since the tires are well built to make it seem like kids are riding on smooth pavements all the time. This can easily make your child have the time of his/her life and learn how to ride at the soonest possible time and you can get this bike for a very reasonable price of $.
3. Kazam Classic Balance Bike
No need to use training wheels with the use of this bike. This bike is perfect for kids who are aged 3 – 6 years old although it may sometimes vary depending on the height and weight of the child. With the use of this bike, it will be easier for kids to learn how to balance until such time when they are confident enough to ride on their own and eventually graduate to using the real bike.
This bike is light so it can be easy to bring around especially when your child does not want to ride it anymore because he/she is tired. The seat of this bike is easily adjustable. You do not need tools to adjust it too. You simply need to do a few things and your child can already ride it. The cross bar on the bike makes it possible for children to rest their feet when they are feeling tired. Get this for your child now for $.
4. Classic Balance Bike by Smart Gear
One of the notable things about this bike is that it is made out of wood. It does not mean that just because it is wooden, it cannot be adjusted anymore. A lot of people who have purchased it can say that the material seems to be very good. You can easily adjust the seat in order to accommodate your growing child. You will not have a problem with it until such time when your child is too big to ride on it already.
This bike is made for children who are about 2 years old and above. If you are worrying about how you are going to assemble it, you do not have to think about that anymore because you can do it in a snap. You may even want to ask your child to help you out. For the $ price tag, this bike is not bad at all.
5. YBike Balance Bike
The great thing about this bike is that it is award winning and when you see it for the first time; you cannot help but feel excited because it looks so appealing and nice. The YBike Balance Bike comes in a variety of bright colors. It has two rear wheels because it can add to the overall stability of the bike. It also has high ground clearance which means that it can be safer for children to ride this bike. Its big wheels can also provide additional safety for kids.
Like most bikes, this bike is easy to assemble and kids naturally like the way it looks so it will be easy for your kid to want to ride it near your house especially a few days after you have purchased this bike. One problem about this bike though is the seat bike is fixed which means that it will be hard if your child is too small or too big for this bike. Still, when kids can ride it, they will feel great. Get this bike now for $.
Now that you have checked out some of the top balance bikes, it will be a good idea to check out the differences of each one and choose which one will be best for you.
How to Buy the Best Balance Bike
- First: Consider the size and the age of your child. There are instances when your child may be too small or too big for his/her age. Some products are only meant for certain ages. If you would like a bike that can be adjusted, choose a bike that can let you do just that.
- Second: Consider the inseam length. If in case you are not sure about this, this means that your child should be able to sit on the bike and place his/her feet flat on the ground. If your child will not be able to do this, it will be hard for the child to ride the bike. Know the inseam lengths of the bikes that you are considering to be sure.
- Third: Consider how well your bike is willing to learn or how well your child knows how to bike. If your child does not know how to ride a bike at all, get a balance bike that is very basic. If your child has already tried training wheels before, a more advanced balanced bike may be suited for him/her.
- Fourth: Consider the brand that you are going to purchase. If you are brand conscious, it is only fitting that you will buy or check out brands that you know more. If you do not care about the brand that much, you can check out the balance bike reviews that other people has said about the various that are available.
- Fifth: Consider the cost. This is probably something that a lot of people will consider important. It is likely that you will also find this important. As much as possible, you would like the cost to be just right for your child so make sure that you will consider the various capabilities and features of the bike plus the price to figure out which one is the best for your child.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
There is a chance that you will have some questions that you cannot answer as of now. Maybe you have checked out balance bike reviews but it was not that clear to you yet. In order to answer your questions, here are some of the frequently asked questions that can be answered.
How old does a child have to be to start riding?
A lot of times, children are recommended to start riding at the age of 2 years old. The main reason for this is because it can be easier for children to learn how to ride a bike. Do remember that the younger the child is, the more that you have to guide the child well.
How can it help children ride bikes?
The great thing about balance bikes is that the child will learn how to balance on his/her own in order to help the progress from a bike to a regular bike far easier to do.
Do balance bikes need to be installed with pedals?
The main reason why balance bikes do not have pedals yet is because they are only meant to help children balance well. Children feel most of the time like they are gliding or flying when they are using their bikes.
Do balance bikes have breaks?
The main reason for this is because children might have a hard time balancing and concentrating on brakes at the same time
Will it be easy for kids to stop the bike?
In order to do this effectively, a child must be able to reach the floor properly. Even while sitting down, the child must be able to place both of his/her feet on the ground so that whenever the balance bike would need to be stopped, it can be stopped easily.
Check out balance bike comparison to gather more details about the difference of bikes that are available. Do not forget to read balance bike reviews too because this has helped me a lot and you will get help from them too.
Safety & Manual
- If it came with wrappings, dispose of those wrappings immediately so that they will not be hazardous for your child.
- Make sure that the instructions will be followed when it comes to assembling the parts of the bike so that nothing will go wrong in the process.
- It is always better if the bike will be used in a smooth and flat surface all the time. Not only will this help keep the bike in good working condition, it can also help keep the child safe from harm.
- The bike should be adjusted based on the size of the child who is going to use the bike. Not having the right adjustments can cause some problems.
- The right equipment and gear should be worn while using the best balance bike.
It is highly likely that you would like the bike to be used for a long time by your child. Not only will that make the bike more economical, your child will also get to enjoy it longer before he/she progresses into a real bike. In order to make sure that the bike can be used for a good, long, while what you can do is to check out balance bike reviews and follow these maintenance instructions:
- Keep the Bike Clean: No matter what type of material the balance bike is made out of, you have to make sure that you will clean it often. This will also help your child not to develop any allergies in case the bike becomes too dirty.
- Store the Bike in A Safe Place: If you would just leave it lying around, there is a possibility that it will become more susceptible to outside forces that will make it break down easier.
- Make Sure to Check the Various Parts of the Bike: Checking the bike parts will ensure that it will always be safe to use by your child.
- Use the Right Tools: This is an important thing to do especially when you are going to adjust the seat or the handlebars of the bike. If you do not use the right tools, this might make the car break down.
- Adjust: Do not be afraid of adjusting because even if you have already adjusted previously, there is always a chance that you would need to readjust it yet again.
Doing all of these things mentioned above will make it easier for you to maintain the balance bike of your child so that it can be used for a long period of time.
Tips on Buying
With all of the things that are mentioned above like the reviews, it is possible that there are still some facts that you would like to learn more about. In order to help you out, here are some things that you have to remember:
- Make sure that you will purchase a product in a safe, comfortable place – The place where you are going to purchase the bike may differ. For instance, you may want to purchase the bike online because this is where you usually do your shopping. You may do this only if you feel comfortable about it. If you would like to purchase it from a store because you would like your child to try it, you may want to do that too.
- Consider the quality of the bike – Aside from the price of the bike, you have to make sure that the bike will withstand the test of time. If you are going to purchase a bike that breaks down after a few uses, it is not worth it.
- Make sure that the bike’s adjustable features can be adjusted easily – if you would need tools that you do not have or you have to do a lot of things in order to do some adjustments, you have to think twice if it is the right bike for your child.
- Consider the material of the bike – Top balance bikes may have different materials that are available. There are some bikes that are made out of plastic while there are also some that are made out of metal. Some are even made of wood. It will be up to you to choose which one you think will be best for your child.
- Consider seat shape – What seat will make your child most comfortable in? There are different types so think about this well.
With these tips in mind, purchasing a balance bike can become far easier for you than before. Do you think that you will be able to find the right bike for your child right now? Think about the benefits, pros and cons, features and other things about the wide array of bikes that you are considering. It is likely that after some time, you will find one that will be perfect for your child. Hopefully, these balance bike reviews have made your mind clearer.